Blog 3

The meal I decided to make is one of my all time favorite dinners, Fettuccine Alfredo. I’m going to keep the drink simple, with just a glass of ice water. First, I have to buy the pasta, Alfredo sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Also I’m going to buy salt and garlic to add a little extra flavor to the sauce. Then when I get home I take out two pots, a strainer, and a glass. After that I use one pot to boil some water and a little bit of salt. When the water starts to boil a little bit I put the pasta in there until it softens up. I always make sure the water doesn’t get too hot and that the pasta doesn’t get too soft to where it starts to break apart. Then I use the second pot to heat up the Alfredo sauce over the stove. When it’s been on for a minute or two I add the cheese and a little bit of salt and two or three cloves of chopped garlic. When the pasta is softened enough I take it out and put in a strainer to drain the water then put the pasta on a plate to wait for the sauce. I let the sauce sit a little bit longer than the pasta so it can thicken and let the flavors of the garlic and other spices emerge. After the Alfredo sauce is cooked to taste I turn off the stove and let it cool off for atleast three minutes. During this time I put up all the ingredients I used and I get out the glass and fill it with ice water. Then I put the pot not in use and the strainer in the sink. Then when the sauce is cooled enough I out it over the pasta and enjoy my Fettuccine Alfredo. When I’m done I put the plate glass and the last pot in the sink and clean them.

I disagree with Pollan’s claims that the want of healthier food vs. better tasting food is the reason why we are switch to low fat foods. One reason is because most people that I know quickly choose the better tasting food over the healthier ones and also do savor their foods instead of eat for the nutritional value.

After making the food my opinion didn’t change I ate the food to savor it and I wasn’t paying much attention to what the nutritional values were.


click here

No comments:

Post a Comment